It’s no secret that I have a thing for chocolate chip cookies. I also happen to love Twix candy Bars.
So the other day I figured I’d try the two together. The outcome? . . . . .absolutely scrumptious! I made them for our 4th of July BBQ and they were a smashing success!
I decided to use one of my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes that I got from my friend Kristie a few years ago. For our 40th birthdays, some of my girlfriends and I took a girl’s trip to California. We stayed at Kristie’s place and she had made these cookies for us. We couldn’t stop eating them and ended up making a second batch to take with us for our drive to San Francisco. There is a really funny story about these cookies and one of my girlfriends in our hotel room that I may just have to share with you one of these days. There are pictures that go along with this story that I need to dig up, so when I get around to finding them, I’ll share the story. I still laugh my head off whenever I tell people about it and whenever my girlfriends and I reminisce about that trip, we laugh so hard until we’re crying when we talk about the “cookie story.”
Anyway, you’ve got to try these cookies. They were absolutely delicious!Print
- 2 sticks butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips ((I do half milk, half semi))
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Twix candy bar ((about 5 regular size))
- Mix butter, sugar, pudding and vanilla at high speed until light & fluffy. With mixer speed on low, add in eggs, continue on low speed until mixed well.
- Add baking soda, flour and salt, mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips. Gently mix in chopped Twix candy bar.
- Bake on lined cookie sheets at 350 for 10 minutes or until just golden. Don’t over bake.
- Allow to sit on cookie sheet for a couple minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.