These Twix Bar Chocolate Chip Cookies are buttery, crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and loaded with chocolate chips and Twix Candy bars. They’re spectacular!
It’s no secret that I have a thing for chocolate chip cookies. I also happen to love Twix candy Bars.
So the other day I figured I’d try the two together.
The outcome? . . . . .Twix Bar Chocolate Chip Cookies that are absolutely scrumptious! I made them for our 4th of July BBQ and they were a smashing success!
Butter, crispy, chewy, loaded with Twix candy bar and two kinds of chocolate chips, they’re seriously phenomenal!
I decided to use one of my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes that I got from my friend Kristie a few years ago. For our 40th birthdays, some of my girlfriends and I took a girl’s trip to California. We stayed at Kristie’s place and she had made these cookies for us. We couldn’t stop eating them and ended up making a second batch to take with us for our drive to San Francisco.
There is a really funny story about these cookies and one of my girlfriends in our hotel room that I may just have to share with you one of these days. There are pictures that go along with this story that I need to dig up, so when I get around to finding them, I’ll share the story. I still laugh my head off whenever I tell people about it and whenever my girlfriends and I reminisce about that trip, we laugh so hard until we’re crying when we talk about the “cookie story.”
Anyway, you’ve got to try these cookies. They are absolutely delicious!Print
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I do half milk, half semi)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Twix candy bar (about 5 regular size)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix butter, sugars, pudding and vanilla at high speed until light & fluffy. With mixer speed on low, add in eggs, continue on low speed until mixed well.
- Add baking soda, flour and salt, mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until combined. Gently fold in chopped Twix candy bar.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart (about 2 tablespoons of dough). Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until they barely begin to turn golden. Don’t over bake.
- Allow to sit on cookie sheet for a couple minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Category: Cookies