It’s Monday again and it’s STILL snowing as I write this post. Oh how I wish I was still in Arizona where I could actually see the blue sky and walk outside without freezing my fanny off.
We kind of have this joke in my family about almond extract. I have this cute sister-in-law Becky who does not enjoy cooking and will be the first to admit that she is no Betty Crocker. She does however LOVE almond extract and it happens to be her “secret ingredient” in everything she bakes (by everything I mean about two or three things). Whenever she brings something to a family party the first question we ask her is “does this have your secret ingredient in it?” She is a great sport about it and we always get a good laugh. So I made this cake in her honor and I ate several pieces for her!
This cake is so delicious it’s hard to stop at just one piece. It is so moist and the flavor of the white chocolate pudding with the almond is so good. This is a great cake to make when you need a quick and easy dessert, when you are taking dinner to someone, or if you have to bring a dessert to a party, etc. If you don’t love almond extract, feel free to change up the flavors. Try lemon pudding with lemon extract or coconut pudding with coconut extract . . . yummy! I was going to throw in some white chocolate chips and completely forgot, so I’m going to try that next time.
Hope you have a great week!Print
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 3- oz pkg. white chocolate instant pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup half-n-half
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, pudding, sour cream, eggs, water, oil, and almond extract. Mix at medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes. Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, make frosting by combining butter and half-n-half in a medium size saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and add powdered sugar and almond extract. Beat until smooth (you can add more or less powdered sugar to get it to the consistency that you want). Pipe or spread onto cooled cake.
Recipe Source: 5Boysbaker