Wow, I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve posted anything. . .probably because it has been. I’m feeling a little rusty. I’ve really missed it and have a lot of baking to catch up on.
It’s been an amazing, crazy busy past three weeks which is why I took some time off.
My husband and I spent two and a half weeks in Italy with friends. It was an incredible trip and I can’t wait to share some of the highlights with you. At the same time I was trying to get ready for our trip, I was also trying to get my son ready to leave on his mission 9 days after we got home from our trip . . . which happens to be tomorrow (trying not to cry). We had an open house after his farewell yesterday and I fed about 250 people. It was complete chaos but we made it through thanks to an incredible amount of help from friends and family. I couldn’t have done it without them. I feel really blessed to have such great family and friends.
I think I’ve recovered from jet lag, now I just have to get through dropping off my son at the airport tomorrow and saying good-bye for two years. Once I get through that, I will get back into the swing of things and probably drown my sorrows in baking.
After 17 days of not baking, I made cookies first and these bars second. They are fabulous and I mean really, really fabulous. I made a second batch for my son’s open house and they were gone in about 53 seconds. I didn’t even get one. I posted a picture on Instagram and had several people ask if they were on my blog, so here you go guys.
Quick, easy peasy to make, gooey, rich and completely scrumptious, that’s about all that needs to be said.
Go make these, you will be glad you did.Print
A sweet oatmeal crust topped with white chocolate chips, coconut and caramel. Gooey, rich and out of this world.
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 jar ((16 oz) caramel topping (I used Mrs. Richardson’s))
- In a large mixing bowl place butter and put in microwave and heat until partially melted. Add oats, flour, brown sugar and baking soda. Stir until well combined.
- Press half of the mixture into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Evenly sprinkle white chocolate chips and coconut over crust. Pour caramel evenly over chips and coconut. Sprinkle remaining oat mixture evenly over the caramel.
- Bake at 350 for 23-25 minutes or until top starts to turn golden brown.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Category: Brownies & Bars