Chewy, buttery and just the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor, these White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Snickerdoodles are going to become a favorite!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, packed
- 3.4 ounce instant pudding mix, pumpkin spice flavor, see notes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar mixture
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the butter for 45 seconds in the microwave. Whisk in the brown sugar and sugar. Add the egg, pumpkin, and vanilla and mix well. (I used my hand mixer) Add the baking soda water.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients together and add to the wet mixture, mix until combined then stir in white chocolate chips.
- Pour cinnamon/sugar mixture into a small bowl.
- Scoop large balls of cookie dough (about 3 to 4 tablespoons) and roll in the cinnamon sugar to coat well. Place onto ungreased cookie sheets, about 2″ apart.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, until edges are slightly golden. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon & sugar and top with a few more white chocolate chips, if desired. Let cool on the pan for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack.
- In the past, I have bought the Jell-O pumpkin spice pudding mix at Walmart and Target. Sadly I haven’t been able to find it the last couple years. Thankfully I had a stash of it, but I just used my last box. I did find it online at Walmart, Amazon and a couple of other places, but it’s selling for around $4+ a box!! I paid 89¢ . . . talk about highway robbery! This Royal Delights Pumpkin Spice Dessert Mix is available at Walmart and is the perfect replacement for the Jell-O brand pumpkin spice pudding.
- I love a lot of chocolate chips in my cookies so I put 1 1/2 cups in this recipe, but if you like less, just put in 1 cup (or less if you’d like).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Cookies