- 1 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips ((Guittard are BEST!))
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini Rolos
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large mixing bowl mix butter and sugars, just about 30 seconds or so. DO NOT CREAM! You will still have some lumps of butter.
- Add egg and vanilla and and mix just until egg is incorporated. (You will/should still have a few small lumps of butter.)
- Add flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa. Mix until all blended together. Stir in chocolate chips. Next, stir in Rolo’s by hand. (the dough will be stiff).
- Roll dough balls by hand, making them slightly larger than normal. Pat them down slightly after placing them on a cookie sheet lined with a silpat liner or parchment paper..
- Bake for about 9-10 minutes, DO NOT OVER BAKE. If caramel has oozed out and cookies are shaped funny, using a plastic knife, carefully “reshape” and push caramel back into cookie
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheets about 4-5 minutes.and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Now try and control yourself and don’t eat the whole batch!
- Category: Cookies