These White Chocolate Coconut Lime Bars start with a fabulous buttery crust and are topped off with a creamy lime filling, white chocolate chips & coconut.
It seems like every summer I go on a lemon and lime baking frenzy. Probably because it’s a million degrees outside and anything lemon and lime is extremely refreshing. These White Chocolate Coconut Lime Bars are one of the results of my frenzy and I’m not sorry about them.
These bars scream summer and are perfect for any BBQ, potluck or for any occasion.
They start with a buttery, brown sugar crust and are topped with a delicious creamy lime layer made with lime juice and sweetened condensed milk (Um HELLO the nectar of the gods), white chocolate chips and coconut.
If you’re not a fan of coconut, don’t count these out. My son Zach who is not a fan, thought these were delicious.
You’re going to be the hit of the BBQ, party, or wherever you take these.
HOW TO MAKE THESE BARS:
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, and melted butter and press into your 8×8 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Make the coconut filling by mixing in a medium bowl the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, zest of one lime, and lime juice. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour over crust.
- Finish them off by sprinkling the coconut on top. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the center is set. Let cool completely and chill in the fridge before serving.
I love these cold, but you can serve them at room temperature if you’d rather.
CAN I DOUBLE THIS RECIPE?
Yes of course. I love that these are made in an 8×8 pan because it makes the perfect amount for us without having a ton left over that I would end up eating. But if you need a few more, then double these and put them in a 9×13 pan. No need to increase the baking time either.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
Coconut Lime Layer:
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- zest of one lime
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- Toasted coconut for top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil or spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and melted butter and mix together until incorporated. Press down evenly into prepared pan and and bake for 12 minutes or until lightly brown.
Coconut lime layer:
- In a medium sized bowl, add egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk. lime juice, and zest. Whisk together until smooth then stir in white chocolate chips. Pour over crust and sprinkle with coconut Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with toasted coconut if desired.
- Cool completely and refrigerate for an hour or two. For easy cutting, life out of pan holding sides of the parchment paper or foil. Store in refrigerator.
- Category: Brownies & Bars
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from The Recipe Critic