- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned whole oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- In a medium-sized microwave safe bowl, melt the butter for about one minute, add the peanut butter and cook for 30 more seconds. Stir until mixture is smoother and combined. Add the brown & white sugar to the melted butter & peanut butter mixture and stir. Set aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add the egg, yolk and vanilla and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Add the flour, oats, baking soda and salt and stir until combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and stir. Place dough in the refrigerator and chill for at least two hours.
- After dough as chilled, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Using a small cookie scoop, form balls and drop onto silpat-lined baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Flatten the mounds slightly with your finger.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes. The bottoms will have set, yet the tops will look quite under-done. That’s ok, don’t overbake because they will set up more while cooking. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets for at least 10 minutes or until they have firmed up.
- Category: Cookies