This no-bake White Chocolate Peppermint Eclair Dessert is the perfect holiday dessert that will completely “wow” your family and friends. It’s absolutely scrumptious and so simple to make.
It’s day two of this sugar insanity and have I got a winner for you today.
White Chocolate Peppermint Eclair Dessert. . . have I got your attention?
I don’t even think there are words to describe how amazing this dessert is. This Chocolate Eclair Dessert has been a favorite of mine since the first time my mother-in-law made it over 27 years ago.
It’s been the go-to dessert for many, many family parties on my husband’s side. You would think after all the years of having it we’d all get tired of it, but we don’t and probably never will.
I don’t even know why it’s so good, it just is. The pudding works some magic on the graham crackers and they soften up and become cake-like in texture. It’s so, so good. and I wouldn’t be surprised if you find yourself wanting to do a face plant into this after only one bite.
I didn’t think anything could be better than the original version until I decided to make a white chocolate peppermint one. It completely rocks and has definitely given the original one a run for its money.
I sent some down to my friend and within a few minutes she text me this — “DING, DING, DING, THAT ONE IS A WINNER!!”
I couldn’t agree with her more.Print
- 1 small box (14.4 oz) graham crackers
- 2 pkgs. (3.4 oz) white chocolate instant pudding
- 3 cups half-n-half
- 1 8-oz container cool whip
- 3/4 to 1 cup finely crushed peppermint candy
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- In a medium bowl, combine the pudding mix and half & half. Whisk until smooth and thickened. Fold in cool whip and crushed peppermint candy. Set aside.
- Layer the entire bottom of a 9×13 pan (glass or metal) with whole graham crackers, breaking some as necessary to fit.
- Pour half of the pudding mix over the layer of graham crackers and carefully spread. Place another layer of graham crackers on top of the pudding mix and then spread remaining pudding mix over graham crackers. Top off with one more layer of graham crackers. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the ingredients for the glaze. Mix until smooth. (You want this to be a thin frosting consistency). Carefully spread over top layer of graham crackers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Recipe Notes This HAS TO BE MADE THE NIGHT BEFORE, so make sure you plan accordingly. This is such an easy dessert to make, even your small children can help you make this. You will end up using about 24 whole graham crackers, some being broken into smaller pieces to fit. We like a thick layer of chocolate on top, so I usually 1 1/2 times the glaze recipe.
I would NOT use chocolate graham crackers for this. I know you might be tempted and think it would be even better, but it’s actually not. I don’t love using chocolate graham crackers in eclair desserts because they don’t soften up as much as regular graham crackers. Also, we all agree that the flavor of this is so much better if you use regular graham crackers.
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW IF YOU GIVE THIS A TRY! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK. SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM USING THE HASHTAG #5BOYSBAKER SO I CAN SEE WHAT YOU’RE MAKING IN YOUR KITCHEN.