Let me just start by saying that you need to make these. Hopefully you still have little stash of this pumpkin spice pudding in your cupboard like I do. If you don’t have any, then make sure you buy some as soon as it hits the store shelves because this stuff is amazing. I happen to have several (like 7 or 8) boxes of this stuff because I raided the shelves at Walmart last year as soon as I saw it. Trust me, if you blink it disappears, so when you see it, you’ve got to grab it.
These blondies are killer, truly they are. I could have eaten the whole pan which is why I had no choice but to send some down the street to my friend Heather who claims that I am trying to make her and her family fat. Sorry Heather, but I know you still really love me and my treats!
The pumpkin flavor is very subtle, so if you want more pumpkin flavor then add some pumpkin pie spice. We all thought they were PERFECT!Print
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter (, at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3.4) ounce package instant pumpkin spice pudding
- 2 (4.4 ounce) Lindt white chocolate bars, chopped (or any good quality white chocolate)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time until well incorporated. Add vanilla and pudding mix. Beat until light and fluffly.
- Slowly add the flour mixture.
- Break up the candy bar into bite sized pieces. Add into the batter along with the chocolate chips.
- Place a generous piece of tin foil with enough to hang over the sides of a 9X13 inch pan. (So you can pull it out of the pan after it has been baked.) Spray the tin foil and pour the batter into the pan. Pat down so it is even along all sides.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes. You don’t want to over bake this. Bake just until center is set, but still slightly jiggly. Cool in pan and then take it out of the pan with the tin foil. Cut into bars.
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker