These White Pizzas with Arugula are seriously amazing! Topped with fontina, fresh mozzarella and goat cheese, these are not your basic pepperoni pizza by any means. Simple to make insanely good! ♡
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for kneading
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups grated Italian fontina cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese (7 ounces)
- 11 ounces creamy goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces baby arugula
- Combine the water, yeast, honey and 3 tablespoons of olive oil in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook. When the yeast is dissolved, add 3 cups of flour, then 2 teaspoons salt, and mix on medium-low speed. While mixing, add up to 1 more cup of flour, or just enough to make a soft dough. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until smooth, sprinkling it with the flour as necessary to keep it from sticking to the bowl.
- When the dough is ready, turn it out onto a floured board and knead it by hand a dozen times. It should be smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a well-oiled bowl and turn it to cover it lightly with oil. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and allow the dough to rise at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place 1/2 cup of olive oil, the garlic, thyme and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook for 10 minutes, making sure the garlic doesn’t burn. Set aside
- Preheat the oven to 500° (yes, 500!).
- Dump the dough onto a board and divide it into 6 equal pieces. Place the doughs on sheet pans lined with parchment paper and cover them with a damp towel. Allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes. Use immediately or refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Press and stretch each ball into an 8-inch circle and place 2 circles on each sheet pan lined with parchment paper. (If you’ve chilled the dough, take it out of the refrigerator approximately 30 minutes ahead to let it come to room temperature.)
- Brush the pizzas with the garlic oil then sprinkle each one liberally with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the pizzas evenly with fontina, mozzarella and goat cheese. Drizzle each pizza with 1 tablespoon more of the garlic oil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the crusts are crisp and the cheeses begin to brown.
- While the pizzas are baking, make the vinaigrette by whisking together 1/2 cup of olive oil, the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- When the pizzas are done, place the arugula in a large bowl and toss with just enough lemon vinaigrette to moisten. Place a large bunch of arugula on each pizza and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Pizza