I have yummy new cookie recipe to share with you today and since it’s Friday, I think that’s a perfectly good excuse to make these whole wheat oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I’m calling these healthy because they kind of are. These cookies are made with coconut oil,whole wheat flour & oats . . totally healthy right? No butter in these babies, and they are still amazing!
I’ve made these three times in the last three days, tweaking a few things until I got them just right. I’ve had many taste testers and they all agree these are delicious and you’d never guess they were “healthy” or at least healthier than most cookies. They are just slightly crispy on the edges and soft on the inside. Make sure you don’t overbake them. Now go make them and pour yourself a cold glass of milk and enjoy a cookie or two because remember, it’s Friday.Print
You’ll never guess that these Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with whole wheat flour, coconut oil, and oatmeal. So incredibly delicious!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil ((softened, not melted))
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips ((I use half milk, half semi-sweet))
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, and sugars and beat until creamy. Add eggs, vanilla and milk and continue mixing until smooth and well combined. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, flour and oatmeal. Mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using cookie scoop, drop onto a lined cookie sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes or until edges are just barely golden brown. Remove from oven, tap cookie sheet on the counter and allow to cool on cookie sheet for about 1 minute. Transfer to a cooling rack.
These cookies don’t flatten a ton, so if you prefer your cookies a little flatter, just gently press them slightly down with your palm before baking them. Also, the dough isn’t a real wet dough, so don’t be alarmed if it seems a little crumbly. Just pack each scoop tightly into your cookie scoop before dropping it onto the cookie sheet.