- 5 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 cup Kraft Zesty Lime Dressing (1/2 the 16 oz bottle)
- 1 cup Salsa Verde (I love Trader Joe’s)
- 1 large jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 can of diced chilis
- Juice of 1 lime
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Diced avocado
- Sour cream
- Cotija cheese or grated cheese of your choice
INSTANT POT DIRECTIONS:
- Place frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add the dressing, salsa verde, jalapeño and diced chilies. Secure lid and cook on Manual high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, let the Instant Pot do a natural release for 10 minutes. Remove chicken and shred then return to Instant Pot with all the juices. Add juice of one lime and stir.
- Serve on tacos shells with desired toppings.
SLOW COOKER DIRECTIONS:
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and cooker on low 4 to 5 hours, or until chicken shreds easily.
If you want a little more kick, you can leave the seeds and membranes in the jalapéno when you chop it or add a second one.
You can use this chicken for enchiladas, burritos, quesadillas, salads or anything you want. It’s so, so good!
Pepper jack cheese would be delicious on these!
My Instant Pot does not have the nonstick pot, so I like to spray mine first with cooking spray before I put the ingredients in, just to make sure nothing sticks.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Cuisine: Mexican