I have a knack for taking something kind of/sort of healthy and turning it into something not quite so healthy. Like this zucchini bread for example — oh well life is short.
This Chocolate Chip Zucchini bread is seriously THE BEST!
I know there are tons of recipes for zucchini bread floating around out there, but this is my all time favorite. I tweaked different recipes until I came up with one that I think is the absolute best. I mean, how could it not be when you throw in chocolate chips and top it off with more chocolate chips and brown sugar.
I didn’t plant zucchini this year, but thankfully my father-in-law did and over the week-end I ended up with three gigantic zucchinis from his garden.
If you have an abundance of zucchini you need to do something with, I think you should make this bread.Print
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Total Time: 65 minutes
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings 1x
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (I use canola)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk, I used milk)
- Extra brown sugar
- Extra chocolate chips
- Sift flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, sugar, brown sugar, oil, applesauce and vanilla. Stir until completely combined.
- Stir in sifted dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add zucchini stir until combine. Add chocolate chips and fold into batter.
- Pour into two greased 4 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ loaf pans or into one large 10″ bread pan. (I use the 10″) (**Or use any combination/size of bread pans, as long as the pans are a little more than half-full then the bread will bake up nicely).
- Generously sprinkle brown sugar and chocolate chips on top. Gently press down with your hands.
- Bake at 325° for 60 to 70 minutes if using two pans or 80 minutes if using one large pan, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- If your zucchini are gigantic like mine were, just peel them, slice them in half length wise and then scoop out all the seeds inside before you shred them.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 65 minutes
- Category: Breads
Oh yes Jodi, your blog and I will go really well together! Fabulous! The link for the bars I made are here… http://www.momontimeout.com/2013/08/chocolate-chip-caramel-cookie-bars/
Thanks Brooke, let me know things you try and will hopefully like. Thanks for the link!