I have a knack for taking something kind of/sort of healthy and turning it into something not quite so healthy. Like this zucchini bread for example — oh well life is short.
This zucchini bread is seriously THE BEST!
I know there are tons of recipes for zucchini bread floating around out there, but this is my all time favorite. I tweaked different recipes until I came up with one that I think is the absolute best. I mean, how could it not be when you throw in chocolate chips and top it off with more chocolate chips and brown sugar.
I didn’t plant zucchini this year, but thankfully my father-in-law did and over the week-end I ended up with three GiNorMoUs zucchini from his garden.
If you have an abundance of zucchini you need to do something with, I think you should make this bread.Print
- 3 cups flour (, sifted)
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs (, beaten)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil ((I use canola))
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups chocolate chips ((semi-sweet or milk, I used milk))
- Extra brown sugar
- Extra chocolate chips
- Sift flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, sugar, brown sugar, oil, applesauce and vanilla. Stir until completely combined.
- Stir in sifted dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add zucchini stir until combine. Add chocolate chips and fold into batter.
- Pour into two greased 4 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ loaf pans or into one large 10″ bread pan. (I used the 10″) (**Or use any combination/size of bread pans, as long as the pans are a little more than half-full then the bread will bake up nicely).
- Generously sprinkle brown sugar and chocolate chips on top. Gently press down with your hands.
- Bake at 325° for 60 to 70 minutes if using two pans or 80 minutes if using one large pan, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
If your zucchini are gigantic like mine were, just peel them, slice them in half length wise and then scoop out all the seeds inside before you shred them.
- Category: Breads