- 1 cup almonds, pecans, or walnuts, toasted (optional)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour bundt pan (10-12 cup size), tapping out any excess flour.
- Pulse the nuts in a food processor or chop until finely chopped.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs, sugar, and olive oil for 3 minutes on medium speed, until light and fluffy. Stop and scrape down the sides of the mixer, then add the vanilla.
- Mix in the dry ingredients, scraping down the sides of the mixer bowl as needed. Continue to mix until everything is well combined, about 30 more seconds on medium speed.
- Stir in the chopped nuts (if using) and zucchini.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared cake pan, smooth the top, then bake the cake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the cake has begun to pull away from the sides of the pan. Do not underbake the cake.
- Let the cake cool for 10-15 minutes, then carefully invert it onto a cooling rack.
- While the cake is cooling, make the lemon glaze by whisking together the lemon juice, granulated sugar, and powdered sugar.
- Leave the cake on the cooling rack and place a piece of parchment paper or a large cookie sheet underneath it. Brush the glaze over the cake with a pastry brush and let the cake cool completely.
- Category: Cakes & Cupcakes