Is it pretty pathetic that it’s only 7:40 PM and as I’m sitting here typing this post I am struggling to keep my eyes open?
Sometimes my eyelids all of a sudden feel like they weigh 100 pounds each and it’s all I can do to keep them open. I remember one year I was sitting down signing our Christmas cards and addressing envelopes. I was getting really, really tired and was fighting to keep my eyelids open but I kept signing cards. Once I finally snapped out of my incoherent state, I noticed that instead of signing a couple of the cards Love, The Ludlows I had written 8768 South 1185 East . . . oops! Glad I caught it before sending those cards out, that would have been so embarrassing.
So I’m thinking I’d better just play it safe and get right down to business here before I type something that I regret.
I love all things zucchini. This Zucchini Sheet Cake is absolutely delicious and is now at the top of my zucchini favorites list. It’s so moist and I love the flavor the cinnamon and allspice give it.
The cream cheese frosting tops it off and makes it even more fabulous . . .doesn’t cream cheese frosting make everything better? I am definitely going to make this again and try it with the amazing caramel frosting on my favorite zucchini cupcakes.
You absolutely need make this zucchini cake. If you didn’t plant zucchini I’m 98.6% sure you can find a neighbor, friend or family member who has an overabundance of them they would happily share.Print
A delicious moist zucchini sheet cake topped with cream cheese frosting. . . absolutely scrumptious!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 15×10-inch jelly-roll pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and allspice. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sugars, vanilla and oil until smooth. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture, whisking until just barely combined. Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool and then frost with cream cheese frosting. (You may have some frosting left over, depending on how thick you frost it.)
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Cooking with Paula Deen May/June 2013