This Instant Pot Cafe Rio Chicken is done in under 30 minutes and makes dinner so darn easy and delicious. Perfect for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, rice bowls, salads, etc.
My Instant Pot and slow cooker have been lifesavers this summer. There have been so many hot nights where I have not wanted to turn my oven on.
If any of you haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot band wagon, you absolutely should. It took me a while to hop on, but I am so glad I did. It did sit in the box for several weeks before I even opened it, I was a little leary about using it. I thought it was going to be complicated, but it wasn’t at all and I absolutely love it!
I’ve taken several of my slow cooker recipes and adjusted cooking times and done them in my Instant Pot, like this Cafe Rio Copycat Chicken. It’s so simple to make and is done in less than 30 minutes, using frozen chicken breasts (this includes the time for the natural release).
This chicken is so so good. It’s perfect for tacos, salads, enchiladas, burritos, rice bowls, etc. You can top it with, salsa, cilantro, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, shredded lettuce, chunks of tomatoes, and/or fresh avocado. The possibilities are endless! It is definitely the perfect, kid-friendly meal!Print
For slow cooker instructions click here.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup Italian dressing (I use Zesty Italian)
- ½ tablespooon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pkg. ranch dressing mix (3 Tbsp)
- 1/2 cup water
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl combine Italian dressing, minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, ranch dressing mix and water. Pour over chicken.
- Place the lid on the pot and set to the lock or SEAL position.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the MANUAL setting for 12 minutes if your chicken is frozen, or 8 minutes if it’s not frozen.
- When the timer goes off allow the pressure to naturally release for about 15 minutes before removing lid.
- Remove chicken from the pot, shred.
- Use for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, nachos, salads, etc.
Check out my videos on YouTube.