These Red Velvet Brownies are a bite-size version of the classic red velvet cake. Topped with cream cheese frosting, these are absolutely delectable!
I’ve eaten a lot of different brownies in my life, but these are possibly some of THE best brownies I’ve ever had.
They’re dense, moist, chewy and will leave you licking your fingers, drooling and wanting a second one, and even a third or fourth (well, at least I did.)
I have always loved red velvet cake (one of these days I will get around to posting my family’s recipe that I grew up on), so it was no surprise I absolutely ♡ these brownies.
If you’re kids are already driving you crazy this summer, you should definitely have them make these brownies for you.
TIPS FOR MAKING RED VELVET BROWNIES:
- It’s not critical you line your pan with foil, you could just spray it with cooking spray, but lining it with foil makes it really easy to lift the brownies out of the pan to frost and cut into nice, even squares.
- Watch these closely while they bake because you don’t want to over cook them.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature, it makes a world of difference when you beat the frosting.
- If you’re not a fan of cream cheese frosting (gasp!!), you could frost these with a buttercream frosting or you could even leave these unfrosted and dust them with powder sugar.
- Because of the cream cheese frosting, I like to keep these in the fridge. I love them right out of the fridge and I also love them once they’ve come to room temperature.
These red velvet brownies are perfectly moist, chewy and crazy delicious! The cream cheese frosting is the perfect finishing touch!
- 1 (4-oz.) bittersweet chocolate baking bar chopped
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1-oz.) bottle red liquid food coloring
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 6 oz cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides; lightly grease foil.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute, stir and continue to cook in 30-second increments until melted and smooth. Whisk in sugar then add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Add the flour add the flour, food coloring, baking powder, vanilla and salt. Mix until combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Lift brownies from pan, using foil sides as handles; gently remove foil. Frost with cream cheese frosting and cut into squares.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until creamy. Spread over cooled brownies.
- Category: Dessert/Bars
- Cuisine: American
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from The Southern Cookie Book
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW IF YOU GIVE THIS A TRY! I’D LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK