This Simple Soft Flatbread is ridiculously easy to make and is unbelievably delicious. It’s soft and pliable so it’s perfect for using as a wrap for anything. Slather it in some butter and honey and it’s heavenly!
We have been in flatbread heaven at our house. We can’t get enough of this amazing stuff.
Ever since I came across this recipe for Simple Soft Flatbread, we can’t seem to stop eating it. I’ve made it three times in the past five days and I’m sure I’ll make it a few times this week (like probably tonight). It’s truly phenomenal.
I made this flatbread the other night to go along with some Butter Chicken. Both the chicken and flatbread completely won us all over. I was torn all weekend trying to decide which recipe to share first. Obviously the flat won, but I’ll share the chicken next post so just sit tight.
If you’ve never made homemade flatbread before, you will be blown away how incredibly simple it is. Start to finish it takes about 40 minutes and that’s only because you need to let the dough rest for 30 minutes. I promise you it’s so easy peasy!Besides eating it stuffed with the butter chicken and dipping it in the sauce, we have slathered it with butter and honey, with butter and cinnamon & sugar, we tried some with Nutella smeared on top and also peanut butter. It’s delicious with anything!
I would have gotten a picture of this flatbread slathered in butter and honey but I had some hungry boys chomping at the bit to eat this. They can only wait so long for me to take photos.
Just make this once and I promise you that you’ll never want to buy store-bought flatbreads again. It’s kind of life-changing.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (level cups, unsifted, not packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- Oil (for cooking, about 1 to 2 tablespoons is all)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter and milk and heat on low just until butter is melted. Remove pan from heat and add the flour and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle work surface with flour then knead for a few minutes until it is smooth (this doesn’t take very long). Add extra flour if the dough is too sticky. (You want it super soft, but not sticky )
- Wrap with plastic wrap and rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Dust bench top with flour, cut dough into 4 pieces, roll into balls, then roll out into about 1/8″ thick.
- Dip a pastry brush in the oil and spread over the bottom of a non stick pan with it. Heat the pan over medium heat.
- Place one flatbread in the pan, cook for around 1- 1 1/2 minutes – it should bubble up, then flip and cook the other side, pressing down gently if it begins to puff.
- Stack the cooked bread and keep wrapped with a lightly damp towel (I just use a spray bottle of water and give a towel a few squirts.
- Cook remaining pieces the same way. Eat anyway you please! It’s soooo good!
- Category: Breads
Recipe Source: RecipeTin Eats