When were were up at my parent’s cabin over labor day weekend, my mom made the most delicious slow cooker flank steak sandwiches. I could smell them cooking from the moment we stepped inside the cabin.
All of us there that weekend went crazy over them. Honestly, I could have just taken a fork and eaten the meat straight out of the slow cooker . . . oh wait, I think I did!
You guys, this flank steak is amazing! It’s tender, juicy and the flavor is out of this world. Then to make it even better, you pile this amazing meat on a toasted bun with melted cheese . . . oh heaven help me! Who knew that only THREE ingredients could turn into something so insanely good!
I made these Slow Cooker Flank Steak Sliders again a few day later after having them at the cabin and then made them again this past weekend. I think it’s a pretty safe bet to say we’re all in love with these sliders.
Dinners don’t get much easier or more delicious than these sliders.
You can serve these on bigger size buns/rolls if you’d like (my mom did), but there is something about sliders that I just love. They’re so darn cute!
HOW MANY PACKETS OF ITALIAN DRESSING SHOULD I USE?
To get the flavor intensity that we love, I like to use 1 packet of dry Zesty Italian dressing mix per 1 to 1.5 pounds of steak. So use this as a “guide” for how many packets to use based on the the size of your steak(s). After you shred your meat, if you still want more flavor, you can open another packet of dressing mix and sprinkle more onto the shredded meat and stir it in.
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH THESE SLIDERS?
There are so many things that go perfectly with these sliders; fresh corn on the cob, chips, fresh fruit, a green salad, pasta salad, french fries, etc. When I made these again the other night we had some steamed fresh green beans and french fries . . . it was delicious!
I have to give a shout out to my Aunt Debbie, because she is the one who told my mom about these sandwiches . . . thank you Debbie!
These Slow Cooker Flank Steak Sliders are out of the world. Tender, juicy, flavorful flank steak piled on toasted buns with melted cheese. With only 3 ingredients, dinners don’t get any easier!
- 1 Flank Steak (2 to 3 lbs)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 to 3 packets (0.06 oz each) Zesty Italian Dressing Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Slider buns
- Softened butter
- Provolone cheese slices (or you can use Swiss, Havarti, cheddar, etc.)
- Lightly sprinkle flank steak with salt and pepper. Place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Sprinkle dry dressing mix on top of steak and add water to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6 to 7 hours or until meat shreds easily.
- Shred meat with two forks and stir well so meat is covered in juices.
- Cut/pull buns open and spread butter on both sides then place face up on a cookie sheet. Cover top half of the bun with cheese and put in a 350° oven for 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tops of buns begin to turn golden on the edges.
- Remove from oven and pile shredded steak on bottom half of the bun. Place the top half of the bun on top of the meat. Enjoy.
If you cook more than about 3 pounds of steak, you might want to add in an extra 1/4 cup of water so you make sure you have enough juices after you shred your meat. You can add it while it’s cooking or after you’ve shredded it. You be the judge with how “wet and juicy” you want the meat.